Wednesday, November 7, 2012, 5:30pm – 8pm
Summit Law Group
315 Fifth Avenue South, 10th Floor
Seattle, WA 98104 (map)
Parking is available in pay lots across the street. Beverages and appetizers will be provided.
Register here for FREE (space is limited): http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/285787
Join us for a panel discussion on Crowdfunding under the JOBS Act. As envisioned by the JOBS Act, new Crowdfunding rules are intended to expand and ease the methods of capital raising by small companies by allowing the sale of unregistered securities to the public under certain circumstances. This panel will address the question of whether Crowdfunding is likely to achieve this goal.
- Geoff Entress – Angel investor and Venture Partner, Voyager Capital
- Peter Weiss – Venture CFO and President, American Outlook, Inc.
- Joy Schoffler – Principal, Leverage PR and Partner, Crowdfund Capital Advisors
- Mike Erickson – Member, Corporate/Securities Group, Summit Law Group
- Erik Cullen – Founder, UpStart Trader (a Crowdfunding portal)
The discussion will start with a general overview of the Crowdfunding legislation and the status of the SEC’s proposed Crowdfunding regulations. Then, panelists will discuss the following topics and participate with the audience in a general discussion.
- The pros and cons of Crowdfunding
- The viability, usefulness and practicality of Crowdfunding for raising capital
- The role of funding portals in Crowdfunding
- The impact on future funding rounds (Angel, VC, Strategic, etc.)
- The impact on exits
- Crowdfunding across industries
This event is intended for entrepreneurs, investors, and the general public. Anyone interested is encouraged to attend, even if you don’t know anything about Crowdfunding or securities law. If you are an entrepreneur seeking to raise capital or interested in starting a funding portal, we encourage you to attend this event.
Go to http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/285787 for additional details and to register for free. Space is limited, so please only register if you really plan to attend.
This event is being hosted by Summit Law Group, Yale School of Management’s Seattle alumni chapter (SOM Seattle) and the Seattle Business School Alliance.